- Intermediate Level
- 16 Micro-Learning Sessions
- 213 min. of Experiential Content
- 115 Learning Actions
- Group Discussions & Sharing
- Offline Access
- Lifetime Access via Mobile and Web
- Digital Certificate shareable on LinkedIn
- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course will provide participants with the principles of cell culture technology for bioprocess and the importance of media preparation, aseptic techniques, cell bank preparation and application of different cell culture processes in biopharmaceuticals production. In addition, it also covers different analytical techniques for measuring the quantity and quality of products in a culture.
Who is this course designed for?
Learners who have completed Upstream Bioprocess Technology (Part 1) course.
Learners who are interested to know about biopharmaceutical manufacturing process starting from the upstream bioprocess technology.
Technologists working in the biological laboratory and biopharmaceutical industry who handle both mammalian and microbial cells may want to take this course to get the basic knowledge and techniques on culturing different types of cells.
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
Explain the effects of the culture environment on the growth of mammalian and microbial cells.
Describe the different culture techniques used to grow mammalian and microbial cells.
Describe aseptic procedure for cell culture.
Describe cell culture techniques to carry out various assays.
Growth of Mammalian Cells
Mammalian Cell Culture Media
Towards Serum-Free Culture Medium
Growth of Microbial Cells
Media for Microbial Growth
- Lab-scale Culture of Mammalian Cells (I)
- Lab-scale Culture of Mammalian Cells (II)
- Enumeration of Mammalian Cells
- Mammalian Cells Cryopreservation
- Cell Banks and Cell Characterization
- Mammalian Culture Contamination
- Bacterial Culture Media
- Lab-scale Culture of Bacterial Cells (I)
- Lab-scale Culture of Bacterial Cells (II)
- Enumeration of Bacterial or Fungal Cells
- To Sum Up
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Learners who complete the following suite of MLCs will be eligible to apply for admission to part-time Specialist Diploma in Biopharmaceutical Technology programme in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted partial exemption in the Upstream Bioprocess Technology module.
(Note : Partial exemption can be granted in the form of exemption from theoretical lessons and/or test components.)
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.