- Intermediate Level
- 16 Micro-Learning Sessions
- 167 min. of Experiential Content
- 139 Learning Actions
- Group Discussions & Sharing
- Offline Access
- Lifetime Access via Mobile and Web
- Digital Certificate shareable on LinkedIn
- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course will provide participants with an understanding of the biopharmaceutical manufacturing process and the purpose of doing an upstream bioprocessing. In addition, it also covers the types of cells used in the bioprocess and the fundamental biology of prokaryotes and eukaryotes used in bioprocess.
Who is this course designed for?
Learners who are interested to know about biopharmaceutical manufacturing process starting from the upstream bioprocess technology.
Technologists working in the biopharmaceutical industry who handle cells may want to take this course to understand more about bioprocess.
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
Outline a biopharmaceutical manufacturing process
Explain the purpose of upstream bioprocessing
Distinguish between prokaryotes and eukaryotes used in bioprocess.
Describe common cells used in bioprocess
Before We Begin
What is Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Process about?
Development of Biopharmaceutical Industry
Recombinant DNA Technology
- Basic Requirements of a Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Facility
- Distinguish between Upstream and Downstream Bioprocessing
- Part 1: Describe the Major Operation in Upstream Bioprocessing
- Part 2: Describe the major operation in upstream bioprocessing
- Purpose of Each Step in Upstream Bioprocessing
- Explain the Importance of Optimal Conditions for Upstream Bioprocessing
- Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic cells
- Microbial Cell Culture - E. coli
- Microbial Cell Culture - Yeast
- Mammalian Cell Culture
- Primary and Secondary Cell Cultures
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Learners who complete the following suite of MLCs will be eligible to apply for admission to part-time Specialist Diploma in Biopharmaceutical Technology programme in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted partial exemption in the Upstream Bioprocess Technology module.
(Note : Partial exemption can be granted in the form of exemption from theoretical lessons and/or test components.)
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.