- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
The p-n junction is one of the most important structures in semiconductor technology. It forms the basis of many electronic devices. This course on "Semiconductor p-n Junction and Contacts" will provide participants with an understanding of p-n junctions and different types of contacts to semiconductors.
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course provides the theory aspects of the CET subject “Semiconductor Devices and Integrated Circuits” in School of Engineering, Temasek Polytechnic. It provides learners with an understanding of how a p-n junction works and the different junction properties.
Please note that this course must be completed together with the other 2 MLCs in the following sequence:
1. Fundamentals of Semiconductor Materials
2. Semiconductor p-n Junction and Contacts
3. Semiconductor MOSFET
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for learners who are keen to gain insights into the semiconductor industry and who want to deepen their skills in Wafer Fabrication leading to Specialist Diploma in Wafer Fabrication.
What will you take away?
At the end of the course, you will have learned how a p-n junction is formed, different junction properties, the difference between a junction and a contact and the properties of contacts.
- Before We Begin
- Formation of a p-n Junction (1)
- Formation of a p-n junction (2)
- Charge and Electric Field Distribution
- p-n Junction under Zero Bias
- p-n Junction under Forward Bias
- p-n Junction under Reverse Bias
- Current-Voltage Relationship and Depletion Capacitance
- Metal-Semiconductor Contacts
- Formation of Contacts
- Practical Ohmic Contact
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Participants who complete the following suite of MLCs will be eligible to apply for admission to part-time Specialist Diploma in Wafer Fabrication program in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted partial exemption in the IIOT Connectivity module.
(Note : Partial exemption can be granted in the form of exemption from theoretical lessons and/or test components.)
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.