- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
MOS Field Effect Transistors (MOSFETs) provide many advantages. in particular, they have very high input impedance and are able to be used in very low current circuits. This is particularly important for integrated circuit technology where power limitations are a major consideration. In order to understand how MOSFETs work, it is essential to understand the underlying concepts of a Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor (MOS) capacitor which forms the basic building block of a MOSFET. MOSFETs are again an integral part of semiconductor memories.
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
MOSFETs are important for integrated circuit technology where power limitations are a major consideration.
This course will provide learners with an understanding of Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor (MOS) capacitor and MOS Field Effect Transistor (MOSFET). It also covers the various types of MOSFET memory devices
Who is this course designed for?
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Draw the cross-section of a simple MOS capacitor
- Explain accumulation, depletion and inversion of a MOS capacitor
- Explain the threshold voltage of a MOS capacitor
- List the non-ideal conditions of a MOS capacitor
- Explain the basic operation of a MOSFET
- Define the operating conditions and characteristics of a MOSFET
- Explain the operation of basic CMOS gates
- State the differences between volatile and non-volatile memory devices
- Explain the cell structure of MOSFET Static Random Access Memory (SRAM) and Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM )
- Before We Begin
- MOS Capacitor
- Surface Conditions
- Threshold Voltage
- Basic Structure of MOSFET
- Basic Operation of MOSFET
- Semiconductor Memories
- Cell structure of SRAM
- Operation of CMOS SRAM
- Cell structure of DRAM
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Participants who complete the following suite of MLCs will be eligible to apply for admission to part-time Specialist Diploma in Wafer Fabrication program in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted partial exemption in the IIOT Connectivity module.
(Note : Partial exemption can be granted in the form of exemption from theoretical lessons and/or test components.)
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.