- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
Semiconductors are present in most of the electronic devices that we use and we cannot imagine our lives without these devices. In order to understand how the devices work, it is essential to understand the underlying concepts of how semiconductors work.
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course will provide learners with an understanding of semiconductor physics and aspects of electrical conduction in semiconductors. With this background, the participants will be to understand the role of semiconductors in electronic devices.
Please note that this course must be completed together with the other 2 MLCs in the following sequence:
1. Fundamentals of Semiconductor Materials
2. Semiconductor p-n Junction and Contacts
3. Semiconductor MOSFET
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for adults who are keen to gain insights into the semiconductor industry and who want to deepen their skills in Wafer Fabrication leading to Specialist Diploma in Wafer Fabrication.
What will you take away?
At the end of the course, you will have the essential information about the physics of semiconductors for understanding common electronic materials and devices.
- Before We Begin
- Constituents of an Atom
- Bohr's Postulates
- Excitation Energy and Ionization Energy
- Arrangement of Electrons in Atoms
- Energy Bands
- Classification Of Solids
- Intrinsic Semiconductor at T=0K
- Intrinsic Semiconductor at T=300K
- Extrinsic Semiconductor
- n-type Semiconductor
- p-type Semiconductor
- Fermi level in Intrinsic Semiconductor
- Fermi Level in Extrinsic Semiconductor
- Electron Affinity and Work Function
- Drift and Diffusion of Carriers
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Participants who complete the following suite of MLCs will be eligible to apply for admission to part-time Specialist Diploma in Wafer Fabrication program in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted partial exemption in the IIOT Connectivity module.
(Note : Partial exemption can be granted in the form of exemption from theoretical lessons and/or test components.)
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.