- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course covers the basic chemical treatment technologies for industrial wastewater treatment. It will provide learners with knowledge on the principles of chemical treatment processes such as coagulation, disinfection, etc.
Learners will be able to compare the allowable limits for public sewers, controlled watercourse and non-controlled watercourse and apply the chemical treatment processes for industrial wastewater treatment.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for Learners who are keen to gain insights to the wastewater treatment industry.
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the allowable limits for trade effluent discharge to sewer/watercourse/ controlled watercourse.
- Explain the processes of chemical precipitation, coagulation and flocculation in the removal of colloids and solids in water.
- Apply carbon adsorption in the removal of organics in water treatment.
- Explain minerals removal by ion exchange process.
- Apply disinfection in water treatment.
If you are keen to systematically know more about the technologies for industrial wastewater chemical treatment, please do not hesitate to join us in this journey!
- Before We Begin
- Ion Exchange
- Allowable Limits for Public Sewers
- Allowable Limits for Controlled Watercourse
- Allowable Limits for Watercourse (non-controlled)
- Applications in Water Treatment
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.