- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
Good water quality for happier and healthier fish.
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course will provide participants with knowledge and practical approaches regarding water quality in the care and husbandry of aquatic species.
Who is this course designed for?
Learners who are interested to learn about the principles and maintenance of good water quality in aquaculture and for ornamental fish.
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
Importance of water quality in aquaculture
Important water quality parameters
Testing methods & equipment for measuring water quality
Effects of stocking density on fish health and growth
Practical considerations in deciding stocking density
Before We Begin
Importance of Good Water Quality
Classification of Water Quality Parameters
Water Quality Parameter: Dissolved Oxygen
Water Quality Parameter: pH
- Water Quality Parameter: Temperature
- Water Quality Parameter: Salinity
- Water Quality Parameter: Hardness & Alkalinity
- Water Quality Parameter: Nitrogen & Phosphorus
- Water Quality Parameter: Dissolved and Suspended Solids
- Water Quality Tests: Equipment
- Water Quality Tests: Rapid Kits
- Types of Aquaculture Systems
- Effects of Stocking Density
- Appropriate Stocking Density
- Stocking Compatibility
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.