- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course will provide participants with knowledge regarding the feeding management of fish.
Who is this course designed for?
Learners who are interested in feeds and feeding management of fish in aquaculture.
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
Identify the type of feed appropriate for the species and life stages
Describe the nutritional needs of different stages of fish
Describe the basic feeding requirements for carnivorous, omnivorous and herbivorous fish
Describe the nutritional value of the feed
Explain the appropriate amount and size of feed suitable for a particular fish type
Before We Begin
Introduction to Feeding Management
Carbohydrates and Proteins
Lipids & Fatty Acids, Vitamins and Minerals
Protein & Lipids in Fish Meat
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Types of Feeds in Nature
- Fertilization of Ponds
- Types of Feeds in Aquaculture: Live Feeds
- Types of Feeds in Aquaculture: Live Feeds(Worms/larval forms and functional feeds)
- Types of Feeds in Aquaculture: Micro, Wet and Pellet Feeds
- Nutritional needs of different stages of fish
- Nutritional Value of Feed
- Feeding Strategies
- Feed Conversion Efficiency (FCE)
- Feed Conversion Ratio (FCR), Feed Storage and Management
- To Sum Up
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.