- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
Corporates and individuals alike are susceptible to cyberattacks. In 2016, cybercrimes cost the global economy over $450 billion. As such, data science and data security became “the sexiest jobs of the 21st century”, according to the Harvard Business Review. Protect yourself by learning about cybersecurity in minutes a day while on your phone.
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course will explore the field of cybersecurity, as well as introduce to you the endless battle of wit between the technology makers and the technology breakers.
Who is this course designed for?
The course does not require any prior knowledge of computer security. It is suitable for anyone interested in improving the security of their digital information
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a basic understanding of cybersecurity
- Explore the history of cybersecurity
- Understand the basic types of malware, threats and hackers
- Learn about the 'CIA triad' and the 'IAAA framework'
- Before We Begin…
- What is Cybersecurity?
- Evolution of Cybersecurity
- CIA Triad
- Topic 1: Defence in Depth
- Topic 2: Basic Types of Threats
- Topic 3: Malicious Software
- Topic 4: Hackers
- Topic 5: The IAAA Framework
- Topic 5.1: IAAA - Identification
- Topic 5.2: IAAA - Authentication
- Topic 5.3: IAAA - Authorisation
- Topic 5.4: IAAA - Accountability
- Topic 6: Types of Access Controls
- Topic 7: Security Policies
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.