- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
The course will provide learners with the basic knowledge and skills to understand and follow good biosafety practices in laboratories and perform risk assessment and management to meet regulatory guidelines.
Who is this course designed for?
Adults who are keen to enter the field of pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industries, as well as those who will be working in biological laboratories.
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of biosafety and biosecurity requirements of working in a laboratory.
- Describe the different types of laboratory hazards, including chemical, radiation, physical and biological hazards, and their effects.
- Describe how to conduct risk assessment in order to apply measures, and reduce and/or eliminate potential biosafety and biosecurity risks, and threats.
- Apply the international biosafety standards, guidelines and legislations for biosafety and biosecurity programme.
- Before We Begin
- Introduction to Biosecurity & Biosafety
- Biosafety, Biosecurity and You!
- Roles of Institutional Biosafety Committee and Biosafety Coordinator
- Biosecurity Programme
- International Biosafety Standards, Guidelines & Legistration
- Workplace Safety & Health Act (WSHA)
- Biological Agents & Toxins Act (BATA)
- Genetic Modification Advisory Committee (GMAC) Guidelines for Reseach
- Animals and Birds Act
- Risk Group Classification Systems
- Risk Management
- Risk Assessment
- Factors to Consider in a Comprehensive Risk Assessment
- Biological Spill Clean up Procedures
- Incidents, Accidents & Near Misses
- Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
- To Sum Up
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.