- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course aims to provide you with the basic knowledge on biological containment and waste management and how you can apply good biosafety practices in laboratories. It is an essential course for adults who are keen to enter the field of pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industries, as well as those who will be working in biological laboratories.
Who is this course designed for?
Learners who are interested to learn more about biological containment and waste management and those working in hospitals, research labs and biopharmaceutical industries.
What will you take away?
Learners will be able to explain the importance of biosafety and biosecurity requirements of working in a laboratory and describe the different types biological hazards and the risk controls for these hazards at the end of this program.
- Before We Begin
- Biosecurity & Biosafety
- Hazards in the Laboratory
- Biological Hazards
- Biological Materials Storage & Transport
- Four Biosafety Levels
- Standard Practices of BSL1
- Standard and Special Practices of BSL2
- Facility Requirements for BSL3 and BSL4
- Introduction to Biosafety Cabinet (BSC)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- PPE Requirements
- Good Biosafety Practices
- Laboratory Waste
- Laboratory Waste Management
- Disinfection vs Sterilisation
- To Sum Up
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.