- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) relates to the skill of recognizing and managing emotions in interacting with people. SEL involves one's emotions and relates to how individuals react to situations around them how individuals are aware and manage their emotional self and relate to others how one understands and reflects on their own self-awareness and in turn reacts to the environment. This course introduces some basic ideas on SEL.
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course will provide participants with an awareness of the self to better manage emotions as well as to perceive and interpret other people’s emotions in order to build a positive working environment.
Who is this course designed for?
Participants who are keen to know more about Social & Emotional Learning (SEL)
What will you take away?
Recognize the importance of self-awareness
Describe emotional states
Examine the importance of managing emotions
List strategies to deal with emotions appropriately
Before We Begin
Introduction to Social & Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Managing Emotions II
- Strategies to Deal with Emotions
- Personal Competency - Self Awareness
- Personal Competency - Self–Management
- Personal Competency – Social Awareness
- Personal Competency – Relationship Management
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.