- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
One thing we cannot change is that we are aging every single day. The question is how do we age and what is the science and research behind aging. In 10 minutes a day, you will learn about both the theory of aging as well as have the chance to apply the concepts into your daily life. This 'micro-learning course' will help you 'age well.'
*Curated using British English
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course will introduce learners to the changes and development in the aging process, integrating research and theories. Participants will gain an understanding of the age-related changes and potential across the physical, cognitive, and socio-emotional dimensions, and to apply the concepts into practice.
Who is this course designed for?
Learners who have keen interest to increase their knowledge about aging and aspire to age positively. Aging is a lifelong process, which makes this program relevant and beneficial to everyone. This program will inspire the participants to start making proactive and empowered decisions about their aging journey.
What will you take away?
Understand the key theoretical concepts related to adult development and aging
Examine the changes in physical, cognitive and psychosocial developments as people age
Appreciate the potential and opportunities for growth in the aging pathway
Apply the theoretical knowledge in one’s personal context towards aging well
Before We Begin
Introduction: Myths and Successful Aging
Physical Changes and Potential
Connection Exercise and Brain Aging
- Nutrition and Healthy Ageing
- What is Cognition?
- Cognitive Training: Making It Work For You!
- Cognitive Impairment: Risk and Protective Factors
- Ageing In Place and Accessibility
- Socio-emotional Development in Late Adulthood
- Life Review
- Mindfulness and Successful Ageing
- Mental Health and Ageing
- Spirituality and Successful Ageing
- Closing the Last Chapter: Facing One's Mortality
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.