- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
Not clean? Yuck!! We would never want to go to a restaurant that wasn't clean. This micro-learning course is a must-have for anyone in the F&B industry. It covers the essential food safety and hygiene practices to ensure that you are well equipped for your F&B career. A must-have for all aspiring F&B business owners.
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course helps to prepare food handlers to serve food safely and observe good hygiene practices.
Who is this course designed for?
This course equips learners who are keen to pursue a career in food and beverage with knowledge on how to prepare, handle and store food safely with good hygiene practices. This course also serves as a refresher for food handlers who prepares food and beverages in restaurants, cafes and food stalls.
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
Understand good personal hygiene practices
Describe the use of safe and wholesome ingredients
Describe how to handle food safely
Understand how to store food safely
Maintain a clean working area
Before We Begin
Importance of Good Personal Hygiene
Good Personal Hygiene Practices
Using Safe Ingredients
Handling Food Safely
- High Risk Food
- Ensuring Safe Food Handling Practices
- The Do's and Don'ts In Handling Food Safely
- Storing Food Safely
- Storage Containers
- Storage Temperature
- Dry Storage & Stock Rotation
- Maintaining Cleanliness of Crockery, Utensils and Appliances
- Using clean crockery, utensils, appliances and kitchen towels
- Keep Storage and Preparation Areas Clean
- Keeping Premises Free From Pest
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.