- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course aims to equip learners with the basic knowledge and skills to use the basic statistical tools for measurement uncertainty estimation and perform measurement uncertainty estimation for chemical analysis
Who is this course designed for?
This course is designed for diploma graduates and PMEs who are considering to work in analytical testing laboratories of various industries such as the chemical, pharmaceutical and food industries, research institutes, R&D companies and other testing sectors.
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the needs for estimating uncertainty in routine measurements
- Identify sources of uncertainty in chemical analysis
- Explain the concepts of GUM or bottom-up approach and apply it for estimating measurement uncertainty in a chemical analysis
- Explain the concepts of top-down approach and apply it for estimating measurement uncertainty in a chemical analysis
- Differentiate the bottom-up approach from the top-down approach and identify the strengths and weaknesses of both approaches
- Before We Begin
- Measurement Uncertainty (MU)
- Requirements for Estimating Uncertainty
- Factors in Good MU Estimation
- Importance of Measurement Uncertainty
- Interpretation of Results Using MU
- Fitness for Purpose
- Common Approaches for MU Estimation
- Estimation Process in GUM Approach
- Specification & Identification in GUM Approach
- Cause and Effect Analysis in GUM Approach
- Quantification & Conversion in GUM Approach
- Combination & Reporting in GUM Approach
- Top-down Approach
- Strengths & Weaknesses of Both Approaches
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.