- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course covers the essentials of Planning and Organizing - 2 of the important Functions in Management.
This course covers the following areas in the Principles of Management :
- How an organisational mission influences goal setting and planning
- The hierarchy of goals in an organisation
- The benefits of planning and goals
- The characteristics of effective goals
- The steps of the Basic Planning Process
- 3 types of planning in an organisation
- The link between goals and plans
Who is this course designed for?
Anybody who wishes to know more about "Management" and its importance to organisations. Managers and supervisors who wish to have in-depth knowledge of the management concepts.
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how the organisational mission influences goal setting and planning
- Describe the hierarchy of goals in an organisation
- State the benefits of planning and goals
- Explain the characteristics of effective goals
- Apply the steps of the basic planning process
- Compare the three types of planning in an organisation
- Explain the link between goals and plans
- Describe the steps in the organising process
- Explain the key organising concepts to consider in the process of organising
- Apply the various approaches to departmentalisation
- Before We Begin
- Planning & Plans
- What are Goals ?
- The different hierarchy of organisational goals
- Benefits of Planning and Goals
- Characteristics of Effective Goals
- Steps in the Basic Planning Process (Part 1)
- Steps in the Basic Planning Process (Part 2)
- The Three Types of Planning in an Organisation
- Different Types of Plans
- The Organising Process (Part 1)
- The Organising Process (Part 2)
- Departmentalisation Approaches (1)
- Departmentalisation Approaches (2)
- The Final Lap .....
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Learners who complete the following suite of MLCs will be eligible to apply for admission to part-time Diploma in Security & Fire Safety Studies or Diploma in Police & Security Studies or Diploma in Business Practice (Business Administration) program in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted full exemption in the Principles of Management module.
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.