- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course covers the essentials of Leading & Controlling - 2 of the important functions in Management.
It also covers topic on "Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)" and the reasons why organisations must get themselves involved in CSR.
Who is this course designed for?
Anybody who wishes to know more about "Management" and its importance to organisations. Managers and supervisors who wish to have in-depth knowledge of the management concepts.
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Compare the differences between leading and managing
- Describe change leadership styles and core skills associated with effective leading
- State the importance of controlling in an organisation
- Describe the levels and areas of control
- Apply the types of control methods in relation to work being performed in an organisation
- Describe the basic process used in controlling
- Articulate the views on corporate social responsibility
- Describe the impact of stakeholders on business
- Explain the major areas in corporate social responsibility
- Before We Begin
- Overview of Management
- What is Leading ?
- What is Managing ?
- Change Leadership Styles
- Effective Leading Skills
- Importance of Controlling
- Levels of Control
- Areas of Control
- Applying Control Methods in Work Environment
- Basic Process in Controlling (Part 1)
- Basic Process in Controlling (Part 2)
- Views on Corporate Social Responsibilities
- The Stakeholders Concept
- Environmental Concerns
- The Final Lap...
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Learners who complete the following suite of MLCs will be eligible to apply for admission to part-time Diploma in Security & Fire Safety Studies or Diploma in Police & Security Studies or Diploma in Business Practice (Business Administration) program in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted full exemption in the Principles of Management module.
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.