- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course will equip learners with the basic knowledge and understanding of the world of management, including the nature of management and the issues related to today’s business environment. Learners will have an appreciation on the importance of effective management.
Who is this course designed for?
Learners who are interested to deepen their knowledge about "Management" and its importance to organizations and build a good foundation for further studies in Business Diploma courses
Managers and supervisors who wish to have in-depth knowledge of the management concepts.
What will you take away?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic functions of management
- Identify the different levels of management
- Identify the basic skills of a manager
- Differentiate managerial skills from management levels
- Describe the dimension in the general and task environments
- Determine the impact of the dimensions in the general and task environments on organisational performance
- Explain the relationship between an organisation and the environment, and its impact on the management functions
- Describe the artefacts of corporate culture
- Explain the importance of decision-making in management
- Explain the difference between programmed and non-programmed decisions
- Describe the steps in the managerial decision-making process
- Before We Begin
- Welcome to "Introduction to Management" !
- What is "Management" ?
- Types of Management
- The Basic Skills Of a Manager
- The General (External) Environment
- Examples of the 6 Dimensions (General Environment)
- The Task Environment
- The Relationship between the Environment and the Organisation
- The Internal Environment
- Decision Making In Business Management
- Types Of Decision Making
- The Managerial Decision Making Process
- "Should I spend time on this issue ?" (Step 1 & 2)
- "What are my options ?" (Step 3 to 5)
- "Did I make the right Decision ?" (Step 6)
- The Final Lap .....
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Learners who complete the following suite of MLCs will be eligible to apply for admission to part-time Diploma in Security & Fire Safety Studies or Diploma in Police & Security Studies or Diploma in Business Practice (Business Administration) program in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted full exemption in the Principles of Management module.
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.