- Beginner Level
- 15 Micro-Learning Sessions
- 228 min. of Experiential Content
- 126 Learning Actions
- Group Discussions & Sharing
- Offline Access
- Lifetime Access via Mobile and Web
- Digital Certificate shareable on LinkedIn
- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
More than 60% of restaurants fail within the 1st year. The food & beverage (F&B) industry is hard work. Empower yourself with the skills and knowledge to go against the tide and build a successful business. This mobile micro-learning course on F&B Management will give you a broad overview of all the basics you need to know as an F&B owner or manager in just about 10 minutes a day.
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course helps you better understand the key elements of management: planning, organizing, communicating, decision-making, motivation and control.
Who is this course designed for?
F&B professionals interested in optimal operational efficiency through professional F&B management.
What will you take away?
A greater understanding of the F&B operations for potential improvements
The objectives of effective control systems for food production, sales, purchasing, receiving and inventory
The importance of productivity for potential improvements
Analysis of common and current restaurant marketing trends in the industry
A marketing and promotional strategy for new food and beverage operations using social media
Human resource management challenges for recruitment, training, motivation and staff development
Before We Begin
The Current F&B Environment
The Attributes of Successful Restaurant Businesses
Creating a Concept
Marketing in F&B Operations
- How To Build An Amazing Team
- How To Survive And Thrive Under Budget
- How To Leave Lasting Impression Through Menu
- Catering Business
- Bar Operations
- Food Court Operations
- F&B Operations In The Sky
- F&B Operations On The Cruise Ship
- Food Stylist
- Hello, It's Check Test Time
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Learners who complete all three courses will be eligible to apply for admission for the part-time Specialist Diploma in Hotel Operations & Management program in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted Full Exemption in the Food & Beverage Business module.
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.