- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course will equip participants with the concepts of airline business. It will introduce the fundamentals of airline management such as profitability, basic economics as well as route and schedule planning considerations.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for learners who are interested in the management of airlines' business and more importantly on how airline run their business to stay profitable. It would also be useful for those working in the airline industry to have a more holistic view of profitability and planning.
What will you take away?
At the end of the course, you will have learned the basic principles of revenue and cost, economics and identify some considerations of route and schedule development for airlines.
- Before We Begin
- Paradox of Airline Profitability
- Understanding Airlines' Revenues
- Understanding Airlines' Costs
- Direct Operating Costs
- Indirect Operating Cost
- Basic Aviation Economics
- Factors Affecting Demand (Part 1)
- Factors Affecting Demand (Part 2)
- Airlines' Planning Considerations
- Traffic Data – “Demand”
- Airline Scheduling
- Scheduling Development Process and Considerations
- Scheduling Considerations - Block Time
- Scheduling Considerations - Utilisation
- Price it and Let's Get Ready to Fly!
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Learners who complete the following suite of MLCs will be eligible to apply for admission to part-time Diploma in Engineering (Aviation Management) program in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted partial exemption in the Airline Business Management module.
(Note : Partial exemption can be granted in the form of exemption from theoretical lessons and/or test components.)
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.