- Intermediate Level
- 17 Micro-Learning Sessions
- 213 min. of Experiential Content
- 110 Learning Actions
- Group Discussions & Sharing
- Offline Access
- Lifetime Access via Mobile and Web
- Digital Certificate shareable on LinkedIn
- Enroll in a course in the Gnowbe Library
- Get instructions to download app and auto-enroll
- Learn your new skill in 10 mins a day
- Put your Micro-Certificate on Linkedin
- Start Learning to improve yourself
What will you learn
What is this 'Micro-Learning Course' about?
This course will provide learners with an overview of the airline industry and its contribution to a country’s economy. The course will also give learners an understanding on the different characteristics of passenger airlines and its operating functions.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for learners who are interested to join the airline industry and/or have a good overview of administrative and functions of airlines. It is also useful for participants who are keen to gain insights to some of the regulatory bodies supporting of the airline industry.
What will you take away?
At the end of the course, you will have learned the role and importance of the airline industry as a major global employer and its contributions to the economy. You will also also learn the different types of airlines and its administrative roles and functions.
Before We Begin
Overview of the Airline Industry
Economic and Social Benefits of the Airline Industry
Regulatory Framework of the Airline Industry
The Civil Aviation Authority
- Freedoms of the Air
- Air Service Agreements
- Types of Airline Business Model
- Characteristics of Passenger Airlines (Part 1)
- Characteristics of Passenger Airlines (Part 2)
- Basic Organisational Structure of Airlines
- Flight Operations Personnel
- Ground Operations Personnel
- Airline Training
- Organisational Culture
- Ready for Flight
Complete the Full Accredited Suite
Learners who complete the following suite of MLCs will be eligible to apply for admission to part-time Diploma in Engineering (Aviation Management) program in Temasek Polytechnic. Upon successful admission, they will also be granted partial exemption in the Airline Business Management module.
(Note : Partial exemption can be granted in the form of exemption from theoretical lessons and/or test components.)
Beyond their core business of conducting full-time courses for students, Temasek Polytechnic is also committed to the practical re-skilling and professional development of adult learners. They believe in helping individuals and organisations equip themselves with the necessary skills to meet the challenges of a dynamic economy.